logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory limits for mkgmap and splitter

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Wed Aug 5 21:28:13 BST 2009

>  Multiple parsing runs could be made over the planet file instead
> however I can't see that offering very good performance.

Just an thought from reading the thread:
Multiple parsing runs with an bz2 zipped file could do worse to the
performance. It would mean multiple decompressing of the input files.
And in my experience decompressing bz2 costs a lot of resources.

(In my case I'm directly using the osm.bz2 files from geofabrik as input.)

Regards,
Johann