logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] phone number bug?

From Clifford Nolan clifford.nolan at ul.ie on Mon Aug 3 20:07:49 BST 2009

Hello,

I use mkgmap to make Garmin maps for my Nuvi 860T gps.  I notice that
POIs which have only a phone number can be used directly with my
bluetooth hands-free phone to call it.  However, as soon as there is any
address info attached to the POI as well, the phone number appears as
follows in the info screen for the POI:

POI xyz
street adress+353 87 1234567

Notice that the phone number appears at the end of the address info
without any space and it is no longer available to me to dial directly
from the gps unit.

The call that I use to make the map is as follows:

ava -Xmx512m -jar /Applications/mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar
--remove-short-arcs --ge
nerate-sea --description="OSM_Ireland" --country-name="Ireland"
--country-abbr="
IRL" --series-name="Openstreetmap" --latin1 --tdbfile --codepage=1252
--style-fi
le=./cliff_style --family-id=1 --product-id=1 --net --road-name-pois
--add-pois-
to-areas --route ./ireland.osm
java -Xmx512m -jar /Applications/mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar --family-id=1
--gmapsupp
  6*.img M0000001.TYP

Does this look like a bug?

Thanks,