logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Magic highway symbols on Vista CX failing

From Alexander Wittig alexander at wittig.name on Sun Aug 2 17:44:59 BST 2009

Am 01.08.2009 5:09 Uhr schrieb Clinton Gladstone:
> On Jul 31, 2009, at 19:54, Alexander Wittig wrote
>> So I did some research and I think the problem is that not all of the
>> "magic" symbols in
>> src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/osmstyle/actions/HighwaySymbolFilter.java
>> are
>> available on the unit. Also they are named wrongly for this unit.
>>

> Just out of interest, have you tried using the  --latin1 option when
> you compile your map?

I did not. If I do, the symbols appear correctly. I'm not familiar with
neither the Garmin encoding nor mkgmap's handling of it, but would it be
possible to add the codes for the symbols to the names in a way that
they work with both 6bit and 8bit encoding?

Alexander