logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Nuvi asks province

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Fri Jul 31 08:59:02 BST 2009

Quoting Clinton Gladstone <clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com>:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Valentijn Sessink<valentyn at blub.net> wrote:
>
>> java -enableassertions -Xmx1800m -jar
>> ~/garmintest/mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar --country-name="" --country-abbr=""
>> --family-name="Openstreetmap Netherlands `date -I`" --latin1
>> --remove-short-arcs --lower-case --preserve-element-order
>> --location-autofill=1 --gmapsupp --route --net --tdbfile -c template.args
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? I guess this is just a wrong option somewhere?
>
> If I recall correctly, the "--road-name-pois" option is necessary for
> the address search. I do not have a Nüvi, but this works (more or
> less) on an eTrex. I believe I must always enter an arbitrary house
> number (such as "1") for the search to work properly.
Actually, on my GPSMap 76Cxs the address search kind-of-works even
without using the --road-name-pois option*.  I have to enter a house
number of some kind for it to work though (even if the destination
doesn't actually have a number) and it only works for some addresses,
but I haven't tested it fully as it's not a facility I actually need.

*At least, I haven't been enabling the --road-name-pois option when
invoking mkgmap and I assume it isn't enabled by default.