logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] comparing numeric values

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jul 29 20:26:32 BST 2009

Hi

> And in my style the lines-file contained the following rules:
> highway=null_null&  layer<0  [0x01 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer=0  [0x02 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer>0  [0x03 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer='-1'  [0x04 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer='0'  [0x05 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer='1'  [0x06 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null&  layer='+1'  [0x07 resolution 10]
> highway=null_null   [0x08 resolution 10]
>
> As a result I expected the following conversions
> 9902 ->  0x01
> 9912 ->  0x02
> 9922 ->  0x08
> 9932 ->  0x03
> 9952 ->  0x03
>
> Against my expectations the conversions were the following:
> 9902 ->  0x03
> 9912 ->  0x05
> 9922 ->  0x08
> 9932 ->  0x03
> 9952 ->  0x03

I've just written a test to duplicate this problem.  I see
the first unexpected result, but the not the second (9912).

I suspect the first is just that negative numbers are not
recognised.  I would say that the second result would
be very strange as the rules for 0x2 and 0x5 are exactly
the same and the 0x2 one comes first and so should win.

> What is wrong?
> - My understanding of the style rules?
> - The documentation of the style rules?
> - The behaviour of mkgmap?

The behaviour of mkgmap.  But could you re-check the 9912
result as that one works as I (and you) would expect for me.

Regards,

..Steve