logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a routing problem

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Jul 29 15:24:37 BST 2009

Hi,

> For me, routing to the Plutoniumweg doesn't work at all - but my
> Mapsource is older than yours, I could not read your Plutoniumweg.gdb
> (MapSource complains about the file being newer).

I am using the latest version (as downloaded by the "check for
software updates" option on the help menu).

> "Utrecht, we have a problem" ;)
>
> I was thinking about trying to synchronize the vertical split line (i.e.
> have both maps split at 0x39000, just to make sure that's not the problem.

Could be worth trying to see if it changes anything.

> Oh, btw: the reason I found this strange route is that a much longer
> inter-tile route, from my home in Zaandam to my parents in Houten, made
> a weird deviation half way (went off the A2 for no reason, somewhere
> above point A); also, a route to my wife's family in Culemborg could not
> be calculated at all.

Yes, it's not specific to that particular piece of road. It must be a
general problem with being unable to route across a tile in certain
circumstances.

> Just to be sure, I'll check my Nüvi this evening.

Please do, it would be useful to know if a real GPS has the same
problem (my guess is that it will).

Cheers,

Mark