logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing across multiple tiles

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Tue Jul 28 20:25:26 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> I'm trying out maps with routing turned on. The routing seems to work
>> fine within a single map tile, it also works fine when I route to a
>> neighbouring tile.
>>
>> However, if I route across multiple tiles then it always fails.
>> Mapsource just spends ages and then draws a straight line whilst my
>> garmin counts to 100% and says their was a calculation error.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong or is this something we are aware of?
>
> I believe that routing across multiple tiles generally works OK.
>
> You don't say anything about how you produced your tiles. Are you using
> splitter.jar? What options are you using?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Sorry forgot to add that bit. I'm using splitter on the UK extracts from
geofabrik.

The most recent trials have used r1099, but before that I was using
r1067 and r1072 all with the same results.

As I say going from one tile to an adjacent one works; but anything with
an intermediate tile fails. I've tried various routes so I believe the
problem is general (for me at least!) rather than a specific road that
is causing the problem.