logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing lakes

From Rudi drahtesel42 at web.de on Mon Jul 27 21:27:49 BST 2009

Hello Tomas,

>I've noticed strange problem with lakes (natural=water) in a middle
>of forests (landuse=forest).

Do you use a custom typ file for your map?
If yes you can define the drawing order of the polygons. In your case you
should give the lakes a higher order than the forests so that the lakes are
drawn on top of the forest.

This can result in another problem: If you have a lake with an island and
the island has a forest then the forest is invisible because the lake has a
higher priority. In this case you can define a multipolygon. See the mailing
list archive for a discussion about this topic.

I didn't test your region and I don't know why some of lakes are displayed
while others are not. Maybe lakes and forests have the same priority so the
drawing order is dependent on the order of the objects in the img file. I
strongly doubt it has something to do with the source=yahoo tag.

Regards,
Rudi