logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The .GMP subfile.

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Mon Jul 27 16:49:24 BST 2009

Hi Steve,

I'm trying to find out why certain parts of the map blank and I did not
get far. However, I'm noticing that the blanking issue seems not to
depend on certain ways or nodes, nor does it depend on the size of the
tiles. It seems a generic issue of a sub-map.

Here your GMP file could come in. Maybe there's som subtle sort of
caching going on, where the maps should only have a certain size of
should only contain ... ? Having a container that can divide an area
seems just the right way to do it, then.

Best regards,

Valentijn

Steve Hosgood schreef:
> I just added info on the .GMP subfile that I discovered whilst
> dismantling an official Garmin .IMG file.
> It seems to be a container for the .TRE, .RGN, .LBL, .NET and .NOD files
> that handle a subtile of the area covered by the .IMG file itself.
> Not sure why they bother to do this... surely the individual files could
> just be just be present individually?
[...]