logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] - make cycleway tracks

From Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de on Fri Jul 24 13:36:41 BST 2009

Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> As requested, here's an option (--make-cycleway-tracks) to enable the
> synthesis of cycleways when a (non-cycleway) way is tagged
> cycleway=track.

Wow, that was fast!

Anyway looking at the patch this seems to be incomplete. We should
synthesise a cycleway for the following tags:
track,left,rigt,lane and yes.

Where left or right will imply oneway=yes.

> I have also tweaked the code for making opposite cycleways - it now
> gives the synthesised way a highway=cycleway tag which it wasn't doing
> before.

Hm, I'm not shure if this is a good idea, because the Garmin devices tend
to prefer real cycleways over generic roads. This may not be the expected
behaviour for one-way roads thus it might be better to assign the real type
of "highway".

Sven

--
This golden age of communication Means everyone talks at the same time
(Lyrics of "New Model Army" song "225")

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web