logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter - performance and memory

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Tue Jul 21 07:52:20 BST 2009

It is good to have a more accurate mechanism for determining the optimal
tile size but, imho, it is better to have a splitter that can handle the
planet dump on more moderate machines. The advantages of more people
providing Garmin maps outweigh the little extra handwork to get all the
tiles rendered and still have reasonable large tile sizes. So I would
really welcome a version of splitter that uses less memory.

People who are looking for (partially) hand optimized area lists can
download them form http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php (down to the
bottom of that page).