logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing strip at map intersections: is it a regression?

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Jul 20 12:23:34 BST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Mark Burton<markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> This issue of the area near a tile boundary not being drawn is weird
> because when I was first working on the inter-tile routing, I never
> noticed this occurring. So either I was lucky and just didn't come
> across it or something has changed since then to introduce this issue.
>
> So, a question to everyone: has this always been an issue or is it a
> regression?

I have noticed this sporadically in previous releases, although I did
not pay enough attention to reliably describe the circumstances.

The problem appeared to be related to the value of the topBits
constant in OverviewMapDataSource.java and the levels values in the
options style file, all of which I altered when experimenting with map
configurations. Different values seemed to have a different effect on
the overlapping areas.

I hope this information is of some value to you: be aware that this is
from casual observation, and may be potentially misleading.

Cheers.