logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch] change bus_stop to Transit Service category and add name / operator

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Sun Jul 19 14:41:18 BST 2009

I've made good progress using gentyp.  Here's an example of custom
icons same with potlatch POIs:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/3734397559_b936404cca_o.jpg

But I would prefer a typ file compiler within the included in the
OSM-Garmin toolset

splitter
mkgmap
typ file editor

maybe similar to mkgmap's stylesheet

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Greg Troxel<gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> writes:
>
>>> About the TYP file, are there any plans to have one included for use
>>> with the default style? I don't actually know much about these files
>>> yet so my question might be a bit naive.
>>
>> Same here.  Maybe in the dark and rainy winter months when the
>> conditions are worse for biking and mapping, I will get around to
>> studying the TYP file format and tools and coming up with a textual
>> representation that plays more nicely with version control systems
>> (viewing diffs) than the binary format.
>
> I don't really understand TYP files, but it seems that having TYP<>xml
> transcoder (both ways) would be a huge step forward.

cheers,
maning