logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems at map intersections?

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Sat Jul 18 11:49:16 BST 2009

Hi all,

I tried to line up Splitter with the map boundaries; instead of having
(hexadecimal showing)
63240008: 251000,25800 254800,38800, I had to use
63240008: XXXXXX,XXXXX 254c00,XXXXX). Now the tool tips would not show
up in the +-250 meters around the boundary.

Then I used:
63240008: 251000,25800 254c80,38800
63240010: 254b80,25800 262800,40000

... now the tool tips show *and* the map does not disappear anymore
around the boundary. But - as Mark predicted - now inter tile routing
does not work anymore.

Just another idea: could be possible to line up the boundary nodes, then
add some surroundings to have an extra overlap, right? Like so (ascii
art alert) (maps below should be joined horizontally, not vertically)

map 1----------+------>
   1   1    1
1         1    B  1  1
  1    1       B    1
---------------+------>
<--+----map 2---
2         2
   B  2  22
   B    2

(It you can't, for any reason, please feel free to ignore my mail - as
we say here: a fool can ask more questions than 100 wise man could answer)

Best regards,

Valentijn
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579