logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems at map intersections?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jul 18 10:43:43 BST 2009

Hi,

> Since you know what you're talking about: is there a discussion,
> explanation or otherwise for the reason that you did not let the maps
> overlap? An overlap of 300 meters sounds like a good idea for the
> routing - but as said before, I'm saying this from a position of
> blessful ignorance.

I will answer this one for Steve:

The inter-tile routing is accomplished by having a set of "boundary
nodes" that have exactly the same coordinates in each of the tiles that
borders the boundary. To route across tiles, it has to go via a
boundary node. To ensure the boundary node coordinates are the same in
both tiles, there is no overlap in the bounding boxes.

Cheers,

Mark