logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3 countries - 1 file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jul 14 19:50:27 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 09:12:20AM +0100, Paul wrote:
> > mkgmap does this only if each tile has roads (etc) that extend beyond the
> > declared bounds for the tile and that those bounds match up exactly.
> > It cuts the roads exactly to the boundary and therefore knows that the node
> > it inserted is an edge node.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > ..Steve
> >

> Routing across borders isn't an issue (I'll be flying across that part)
> as long as I can route within each tile

This morning, I created a combined map of Geofabrik.de's finland.osm.bz2
and estonia.osm.bz2 (one tile) for tomorrow's trip.  I ran both map extracts
through splitter.jar (Estonia was just one tile, called 63240004 by me, and
Finland was 63240001...63240003, with custom areas.list).  Then I added the
fourth tile to my mkgmap.args that I usually use for compiling Finland.

All was well and good, but for some reason, the Estonian tile appears to
lack --net information.  I can't search for roads, and if I click on some
POI icon on the map, no data will be available.  The Finnish tiles are OK.
Something similar happened some weeks ago when I compiled a small extract
of my neighbourhood.

I just reran the compilation with java -ea.  No assertion failed.  I am
using mkgmap r1087.  Any ideas?

	Marko