logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How do I ignore sidewalks?

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Tue Jul 14 18:59:41 BST 2009

Hi,

There are a number of ways near my house tagged with "highway=footway"
and "footway=sidewalk":

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.66464&lon=-79.32523&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF

When I start routing from a point that is closer to a sidewalk than a
road, I am routed along the sidewalk until the next junction. Looking
at the default style, it seems that the sidewalks are picked up with
this tag:

highway=footway {add access = no; add foot = yes} [0x16 road_class=0
road_speed=0 resolution 23]

For whatever reason the "access=no" isn't working when starting the
route. Is it possible to ignore ways tagged with "highway=footway" and
"footway=sidewalk" but keep other footways? I've searched a bit but I
can't seem to find a way to drop or ignore specific tags like this.

Thanks, Ben