logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3 countries - 1 file

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Tue Jul 14 09:00:46 BST 2009

Hi

> Weird artifacts at the border I can cope with and were to be expected.
> The places I'm visiting are hundreds of miles apart and not near any
> borders so that in itself shouldn't be an issue

For routing to work across the tiles, the road end point has to be in
exactly the same place (well within 3 garmin units, about 20m) on both
tiles and they have to be marked as edge nodes.

mkgmap does this only if each tile has roads (etc) that extend beyond the
declared bounds for the tile and that those bounds match up exactly.
It cuts the roads exactly to the boundary and therefore knows that the node
it inserted is an edge node.

Cheers,

..Steve