logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI and style file

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Mon Jul 13 22:09:50 BST 2009

Hi Francois,

Am 13.07.2009 um 22:38 schrieb frmas:

> I attach three screen captures of my GPS (oregon 400T)
> - I run mkgmap using the --add-pois-to-areas and --road-name-pois
> parameters. Is there a way to get the road names pois created, but not
> have them displayed on the map? I would like all those little dots I

Yes, it works to generate an entry in the TYP file that has a
completely transparent icon. Perhaps there are other ways, but that's
how I do it.

> find in the middle of each road not to be displayed. I suppose the
> parameter --road-name-pois is mandatory to get routing ? If not, my pb
> would be solved.

No, road-name-pois is not related to routing per se. But if you want
to be able to search for a street name you will need it of course.

> - Second, you will see "question marks", on both screen captures.
> Those
> question marks represent lighthouses. I have in my style file the
> following line :
> man_made=lighthouse			[0x1600 resolution 20]
> and my .TYP file has the right entry (see file attached).
> What's wrong with my settings.

 From your screenshots I assume that you use an Oregon. The Oregon has
the bad habit of drawing the standard icons *on top of the custom
ones* sometimes. That might be the problem. With the older firmware
there was a way to prevent this from happening using the settings on
the device, but I am not able to get rid of that behaviour with the
new firmware (2.90). If anybody knows how to prevent the overdraw any
hint would be appreciated.

Regards
Thilo