logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: OpenStreetMap e-mail - mkgmap bug report

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Jul 9 10:01:08 BST 2009

Hi Mark,

(Let me introduce myself: hi, I'm the original problem submitter :)

Mark Burton schreef:
> Well, that's a bit odd. If you download this area into
> JOSM, it looks similar(ish) but by no means exactly the same.

Yep, that's what I did last night: open just the area around the problem
site and it shows like it should in my Garmin. And what's more: running
splitter like in my script, then just building a map of the isolated map
number 1 produces the same results, while JOSM shows the correct map.

The A27 highway in this area also disconnects. I did not picture this
fact, but  on my garmin, there's a gap in the bridge.

But now, after more checking, we have a winner! Using the same OSM file,
with --routing enabled will produce a map with gaps; having --routing
disabled will show a map with correctly connected ways.

So the right map is produced with:
java -Xmx$memory -jar mkgmap*/mkgmap.jar --country-name=Nederland
--country-abbr=NL --latin1 --lower-case --preserve-element-order
--location-autofill-1 --gmapsupp --net 10000001.osm.gz

And the wrong map is produced by:
java -Xmx$memory -jar mkgmap*/mkgmap.jar --country-name=Nederland
--country-abbr=NL --latin1 --lower-case --route --preserve-element-order
--location-autofill-1 --gmapsupp --net 10000001.osm.gz

Gentlemen, start your engines! (You won't know where to route, but do we
care? ;)

If you're interested in the OSM file I'm using, I could mail it to you,
but you could also easily build it yourself:
wget 'http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/netherlands.osm.bz2'
bunzip2 netherlands.osm.bz2
java -Xmx$memory -jar $SPLITTERPATH/splitter.jar --max-nodes=1000000 \
   mapid=10000000 netherlands.osm

Then use 10000001.osm.gz to build your map.

Best regards,

Valentijn
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579

--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579