logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter/mkgmap/gmapibuilder on massachusetts.osm, errors

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed Jul 8 02:38:30 BST 2009

I took the Cloudmade massachusetts.osm.bz2 from July 1st, and because I
wanted a routable map tried to make my own.  I ran the splitter just
fine (mac, with java 1.6), and then ran mkgmap like this:

java -enableassertions \
  -Xmx2048m \
  -jar mkgmap.jar \
  --tdbfile \
  --gmapsupp \
  --family-id=632 \
  --mapname=63249900 \
  --overview-mapname=40000001 \
  --country-abbr="US" \
  --country-name="United States" \
  --region-abbr="MA" \
  --region-name="Massachusetts" \
  --description="OSM gdt" \
  --ignore-osm-bounds \
  --net \
  --route \
  --add-pois-to-areas \
  -c template.args

This produced a gmapsupp.img, as well as overview img and tdb, with the following errors:

SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 9208777) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 9325924) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 9563279) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road NEW HOPE WAY (OSM id 11175820) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 29730871) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30158233) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30574585) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30574585) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30574531) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30575415) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 9252537) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road NEW HOPE WAY (OSM id 11175820) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 29730871) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 30158233) contains consecutive identical nodes - routing will be broken

I ran gmapibuilder.py, and that seemed to be ok, but RoadTrip claims the
map has errors and cannot be displayed.

This is with mkgmap 1048.  I will update to the latest and try again.
I will also omit the --mapname argument, but the gmapi dir seems ok.

Any hints would be appreciated.