logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing error example

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Tue Jul 7 07:15:14 BST 2009

Hi,

I have made a cut down sample map showing an error in routing as
displayed in mapsource. The source is in polish format, and includes the
junction where the errors are found, and a portion of a city to the
south. If I delete more roads from the city, the error disappears, even
though the error itself is apparently north of the city. The routing
works correctly in gpsmapedit.

The graphic file shows the junction where the errors are happening. The
route should be west and south from one waypoint to the other, and
instead it jumps about, sometimes following roads, sometimes making
straight-line jumps.

In another post, I was told there are “short arcs” errors in the polish
format input. Could somebody describe exactly what a short arc is,
(length between nodes, length between routing nodes or something else,
and what is the minimum length arc)?

gpsmapedit reports that all nodes are greater than 5m apart in the input.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Garvan