logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style rules and 'generated' tags

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Mon Jul 6 17:40:24 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe schrieb:
> However what currently happens is that for each node/way/relation I
> go through the tags exactly once and find the earliest rule that
> matches. Rules with actions have the actions run when seen.  So in
> this case I believe that ncn is already set and has been processed so
> the change is too late.

I still have some trouble understanding how the rules are working. In
the default style there used to be a line

highway=* {name '${name ...

which included the ref tag into the highway names. If only the first
rule is aplied, there would be no single highway transferred into the map.

So what will happen with this example.

highway=* {set tag_a=yes}
tag_a!=yes {set tag_b=yes}
tag_a=yes [0x01 resolution 20]
tag_b=yes [0x02 resolution 20]
highway=* [0x03 resolution 20]

Will all highways be converted to 0x01, 0x02 or 0x03?

Gruss
Torsten