logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bugreport: Routing to POIs

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Sun Jul 5 15:54:46 BST 2009

Thilo Hannemann wrote:
> I see a strange behaviour lately: If I select a POI as the destination
> for a route, the calculated route will go to a completely unrelated
> coordinate on the map and will "jump" in a straight line to the
> destination. The calculated route is therefore completely unusable.
> The "wrong" coordinate the routing goes to was in one case at the
> border of a map tile, but thats not always the case.
>
> If I select a coordinate just beside the POI, routing is fine.
>
> Has anybody else seen this behaviour? It is triggered if you select a
> POI from the POI list on the GPS unit (Oregon 300 in my case).
>
> Regards
> Thilo

I see behavior like this with routes when I test the routing graph in
MapSource. I created the map in gpsmapedit, and when I test the routes
in this program they work correctly, but the same route after compiling
with mkgmap will give  strange routes, with straight-line jumps. If goes
the wrong direction on a road for what looks like the correct distance,
then jumps back to where it should have been and continues.

Garvan