logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r1073: Add highway shields and other ways of modifying values in the style files.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Thu Jul 2 12:07:11 BST 2009

Hi

So the highway shield patch is in, sorry about the delay, let me know if that is not the latest
or if there are any updates.

I have a couple of questions

First is the PrependFilter still really needed?

Also it doesn't appear to work with 6 bit.  I think the documentation
is overly complex here. I suspect that there are not really different
representation for 8 bit and 6 bit apart from the transformation that
happens anyway when you do the translation.

So I think that perhaps just using the '8-bit' codes everywhere except in
the final translation in Format6Encoder would just work.

Thanks

..Steve