logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option "preserve-element-order"

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Wed Jul 1 21:14:12 BST 2009

Hi!

Felix Hartmann schrieb:
> Drawing order on GPS:
> 1. Polygons (doesn't matter which layer nor map-id,) --> polygons
> themselves by draw order in typfile.

Right.

> 2. Polylines (layers get drawn first lowest map-id to highest map.id,
> thus lower higher layers are drawn on top of  lower highway map-id
> layers) - this behaviour is opposite to what Mapsource does. Polylines
> themselves if not organised by map-id layers get drawn according to 1.
> type (some types behave differently), 2. id.

I do not think this is correct. If this was true, the order of polylines
would always be the same, regardless of order in the .osm and regardless
of the preserve order option. But I have observed that the order in the
.osm does matter and if you don't specify preserve-order, mkgmap does
alter the order and the rendering is messed up accordingly.

> 3. POI (depends on ID and type) - allways on top of polygons and polylines

On top of other elements, but in the order of the .osm file.

bye
	Nop