logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ASTER elevation data

From Christian Gawron christian.gawron at gmx.de on Tue Jun 30 22:33:49 BST 2009

Dear Marko,

I already wrote a class to read SRTM data directly with mkgmap, i.e.
without having to create the contours as separate (huge) files. Since
I'm still testing it and I have to add some configuration stuff (path of
directory containing data, distance between contour lines etc.), I have
not posted it yet. It can already read the .hgt-format and the CGIAR
GeoTIFFs (the latter requires java image io to be installed).
Since the ASTER files come as GeoTIFFs, I think it will be easy for me
to read them (I will only have to adjust the tile size from 5x5 degrees
to 1x1).

Best wishes
Christian