logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Transliteration and lower-case

From Ivan Kostoski ivan.kostoski at gmail.com on Sat Jun 27 12:12:26 BST 2009

Hi Steve,

I used that command line but still got upper case letters in the file.
> I tries with your row04.trans too.
>
> So I am puzzled at the moment as to what is happening.

I downloaded fresh r1067. Unpacked it new directory, cleaned up mapsource
registry, etc.. added attached files (reg, cmd file renamed to .txt and xml
file to fetch OSM data) and I still get lower case letters in resulting .img
file

Java interpreter is Sun JRE, running on XP sp2:
java version "1.6.0_14"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

There are actually two maps I generate, one is with --code-page=1251 and is
with all uppercase letters and the other one without CP specified is with
lowercase letters.

> >    plus slight change to transliteration standard (i.e. U+0425 = 'H'
> istead
> >    of 'Kh'), which unfortunately depends on each country...
>
> Any thoughts about the best way to build this into mkgmap?

I would suggest style-file override lines for each letter (i.e. u+0425 = 'H'
) as there are few letters that need to be changed to adapt to local
'flavor' of transliteration/romanzation/etc... You should than apply style
changes after reading base row tables.

Kind regards,
Ivan