logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map: tiny patch/review series

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Jun 16 07:33:43 BST 2009

Hi Thilo,

I know nothing about the DP code so I can't comment on that.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:58:24 +0200
Thilo Hannemann <thannema at gmx.de> wrote:

> What I do not understand is the distance calculation. Anybody
> with insight cares to have a look at it (or explain how it works?).
> I'd assume that a distance calculation on a spherical surface would
> involve lots of trigonometric functions - which the formula in the
> code doesn't.

Recently, Coord.distance() was replaced with a much speedier
implementation because a lot of cpu cycles were being wasted there.
The newer function appears to be accurate enough for our purposes.

Cheers,

Mark