logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Filters for overview map (was: Overview map: tiny patch/review series)

From Elrond elrond+openstreetmap.org at samba-tng.org on Mon Jun 15 21:57:06 BST 2009

Hi,

okay, first part.

In my testing it turned out, that the SizeFilter and the
DouglasPeuckerFilter either dropped my small rectangles or
converted them to a triangle.

Removing the filters fixed this for me.

If you think, that the generated rectangles should be large
enough, so that they're not "cleaned":
- If this is so, then there really is no reason for
  calling the filters anyway, they should be NOPs in that
  case. So we can optimize them away.
- I hope to show in later patches (don't hold your breath!
  I will go slowly step by step. There is no need to hurry
  anyway) that smaller rects might make some sense.

So this simple patch disables both filters for the overview
map.

If nobody objects or I get some "Go", I'll commit it soon.

    Elrond