logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] route recalculation senstivity bug found

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jun 13 22:28:40 BST 2009

Felix,

> O.k. so there must be another reason.
>
> Maybe its as well related to road_speed or road_class?
> (Garmin may think that the lower the road_speed the higher the chance
> that there are buildings that obstruct GPS reception, or the lower the
> accuracy of the maps, cause minor roads are not that well mapped as
> major roads??).
>
> The road_speed of my maps is only 0,1 and 2 -could that be the culprit?

For sure, there's lot's we don't know. For example, that 3 byte field.
We don't really know what the various bits are used for. Someone a
while back posted an analysis (and their theory) on what the values
meant but nothing more has come from that yet.

Cheers,

Mark