logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Parsing of ":" and "."

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jun 6 17:18:38 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Sorry Mark for probably bugging you again....
>
> First the probably easier question, why is it not possible to use a line
> like
> 1.
> highway=* & source=plan.at [0x07 resolution 24] in my style file? The
> point in plan.at throws an exception.
> 2.
> highway:plan.at=* &.....
> Same problem.
> In Austria due to the import many ways can be identified like this, and
> one could decrease the road_class and/or road_speed because the quality
> of the data is very bad.

Sorry, I know nothing about the style stuff but I guess Steve must have
not allowed . within a value string. Can you quote it? .e.g
source="plan.at"

> Now the harder part, would it be possible to enable in the
> osm5xmlhandler.java the parsing of ":" ?
>
> String mtb:scaleTag = currentWay.getTag("mtb:scale");
>                         if ( ("0".equals(mtb:scaleTag)) ||
> ("1".equals(mtb:scaleTag) ) || ("true".equals(mtb:scaleTag) )) {
>                             // Add additional mtb:scale over old highway
>                             long mtb:scaleId = currentWay.getId() +
> MTB_ID_OFFSET;
>                             Way mtb:scaleWay = new Way(mtb:scaleId);
>                             wayMap.put(mtb:scaleId, mtb:scaleWay);
>                             List<Coord> points = currentWay.getPoints();
>                             for(int i = 0; i < points.size(); ++i)
>                                 mtb:scaleWay.addPoint(points.get(i));
>
>                             mtb:scaleWay.addTag("mtb:scale", "11");
>
>                             log.info("Making additional mtb:scale '" +
> mtb:scaleWay.getTag("name") + "'");
>                     }
>
> If I have these lines added, mkgmap.jar does not compile.

Err, I don't think that is valid Java syntax. How about using an _
instead? i.e. mtb_scaleWay

Cheers,

Mark

BTW - in case you missed it, there's now an IRC channel for mkgmap-dev
#mkgmap-dev at irc.oftc.net - so if you have a quick question you may
find me there (as burto).