logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] road_speed parameter

From gypakk at gmx.eu gypakk at gmx.eu on Wed May 27 13:43:01 BST 2009

Somewhere in style files there are road_speed parameters.
Today I know that the speeds for 5 different road classes can be set in Mapsource.

I assume that the road_speed values in style file represent these 5 Garmin road classes. But how does the GPS device know what speed is referred to by what road class? Is there a speed table in gmapsupp.img file?

How can I change these speed values for the GPS device?

Since these speeds are surely used by the routing algorithm to weight alternative routes, I would like to get influence on that, especially for preferring cycleways and residential streets for cyclists.

Markus