logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Either mkgmap error or splitter error

From Ralf Reimann ralrei at gmx.de on Tue May 26 15:06:29 BST 2009

Great work of you in development of this software.
But I have a problem in creating a map of the Netherlands. Mkgmap reports an
error, because the map is too large. So I used splitter with the --max-nodes
option and decreased the number down to 1000000, but now I get an error in
splitter (Relation in too many areas). Ignoring this error will cause a
problem in Mapsource, zooming in and out doesn't work correct (no screen
updating) and some tiles are completely empty. In the forum I couldn't get
an answer for this problem. My only solution is to delete all tracks POIs
and paths in mkgmap style-file to reduce the osm-data, but in this way I
lose a lot of information, what I don't want to do.
Can you tell me what I have to do for creating an error free map with all
available osm data?

Greetings, Ralf