logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] creating a fool-proof mapsource installer across different versions

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Tue May 26 14:02:42 BST 2009

For my installer I use the product registry key and it works fine if you
install only one map from http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php.

The installer is NSIS (which can also make Windows executables under
Linux). The script to make the executable is included in the download
directory if you request a custom map build, e.g.:
http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/13-05-2009/6fd91a7e766f89bf4259e1865aa673ae/map.nsi

I have no idea how to use the family registry keys properly, so for my
installer I chose to use the product key only. I'm also interested in
some explanation on how to make a proper family install.