logo separator

R: [mkgmap-dev] (almost) duplicated node issue

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon May 25 10:50:46 BST 2009

Hi Marco,

> I know about IMG resolution, Mark. That is the reason I think there is a bug. If the Garmin cannot handle such short arcs, mkgmap shall compile the case in a way that does not violate the garmin specs.

It would be nice if mkgmap could work around the problem of short arcs
so I am looking into what it needs to do to achieve that.
Unfortunately, it's not an easy problem to solve so it will take a
little thought.

> But I'm not really sure that the problem is exactly this. It might be that mkgmap has a bug in the routing data base compiling. Well I'm not expert, but I guess something goes wrong when the 2 so close nodes collapses in a single node when the garmin encoding is applied. Then 2 nodes in OSM, 1 node in Garmin... and the routing DB gets corrupted. Something like that (but I'm really speculating).

The nodes are separate, just too close together.

> Someone should check the code to track the situation. The osm file I've attached (that reproduce the error) is small enough to be tested carefully.

Thanks for the sample.

Cheers,

Mark