logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style-File not parsed from top to bottom - BUG:

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon May 18 00:07:48 BST 2009

Just to follow up the ignore-turn-restrictions discussion. I have done
many more compilations with several different arguments to find out if
there is any specific reason why this happens. But I couldn't find any.
To me it seems now that the rules given in the stylefile (lines) are not
really parsed like they should. This happened with or without the
--not-sorted-roads argument (I first suspected that there might be an
error, but this argument makes no changes).

I assumed that if i give an argument like oneway=yes {set oneway=no}
would only affect lines listed below the argument. This seems not to be
the case.

This is an abrigded lines style-file that does not work like it should
(it should not touch the primary, secondary, tertiary oneway settings,
but delete them from residential, living_street and  :

highway=primary                                     [0x10 road_class=0
road_speed=2 resolution 19]
highway=secondary                                     [0x0d road_class=0
road_speed=2 resolution 19]
highway=tertiary                                     [0x06 road_class=1
road_speed=4 resolution 20]

oneway=yes { set oneway=no }
oneway=true { set oneway=no }
oneway=1 { set oneway=no }
oneway=-1 { set oneway=no }
oneway=0 {set oneway=no}
oneway=false {set oneway=no}

highway=residential                                 [0x07 road_class=1
road_speed=4 resolution 22]
highway=living_street                                 [0x07 road_class=1
road_speed=3 resolution 22]
highway=unclassified                                 [0x07 road_class=1
road_speed=4 resolution 22]

Effectively what I get is that for some roads oneway attribute will be
set to no, while on most roads the oneway attribute will be lost.

Another error to verify:
If I put oneway=* {set oneway=no} map generation takes literally ages (2
hours instead of 5 minutes). Using the alternatives as set above map
rendering time does not increase significantly from the 5 minutes. the
same happens if I put maxspeed=* {set maxspeed=no} into the beginning of
the stylefile.