logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route Avoidances via Stylefile and problems with roads vs non roads

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun May 10 19:48:20 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> 1. I know that there was some talk about route avoidances in the
> mailinglist already. But I can't find it anymore.
>
> I want to set additional attributes (in the stylefile) to certain
> linetpyes so that you can exclude them from routing via the Avoid Settings.
> How do I add this info:
> Toll Roads

We currently recognise the toll=yes tag and set some bit of state in
the map file but whether that actually has the desired effect, I do not
know.

> Unapved Roads
> Carpool Lanes

At this time, we don't know how to express those attributes in the
garmin file.

> Highways

Well, on my Etrex I can tell it to avoid highways when routing and it
will not use any primary or trunk road (don't know about motorways as
none are near to my cycling area).

> What I want is to give highway=footway and bicycle=no the toll roads
> tag, so when I am using the autorouting I can exclude footways and ways
> unsuitable to bicycles by activating "avoid toll roads" or "avoid
> unpaved roads".

Why can't you just tell the GPS to route for bicycle (rather than car)?
It will then respect the bicycle=no restriction.

> 2. Why are motorways automatically autoroutable, EVEN if I don't assign
> road class and speed class to them and exclude them from the routable
> type (0x01-0x13), i.e. by attributing them 0x29! This is really annoying
> because if you built maps for cyclists you want to include motorways,
> but don't want them to be autoroutable. The only way I can currently
> achieve this is by commanding highway=motorway {set highway=_motorway}
> or similar.
> I don't even have the motorways in an routable layer. I put them into
> their own map creation process without parsing --route.
> I create the layers with this command:
> java -enableassertions -jar -Xmx6000M
> d:\garmin\mkgmap_svn\dist\mkgmap.jar --latin1 --no-sorted-roads
> --description=08_openmtbmap_%abr% --style-file=motorway
> --country-name=%country% --country-abbr=%abr% --mapname=%mapid%0000
> %country%*.osm.gz
> and my main routable layer with this command:
> java -enableassertions -jar -Xmx6000M
> d:\garmin\mkgmap_svn\dist\mkgmap.jar --latin1 --no-sorted-roads
> --style-file=routable --route --country-abbr=%abr%
> --country-name=%country% --mapname=%mapid%0100 --%country%*.osm.gz

Sorry, I don't know about that issue.

Cheers,

Mark