logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What about accentuated letters

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Fri May 8 23:11:04 BST 2009

Hi

> thank you Steve. I tested it that way, but same result.
> Running mkgmap v. r1024 on the same osm data give me letters with no
> accent, but as I said, the letters are there. Running r1032 on the same
> machine with the same script on the same data, gives me question marks
> instead of letters (nor accentuated letters of course). GPS is an Oregon

OK I see a problem: if I do *not* use --latin1 then I see question marks
with 1032 and this is a bug.  But if I do use --latin1 then everything is
as expected.

> I put the .img generated (one of the nine .img files I generate, and the
> gmapsupp.img) with both versions here :
> http://arvernes.dyndns.org/

Is is possible that these were actually generated without --latin1?
The one for 1032 does not have the code page set in 1032 which I would
expect that it should have, unlike in 1024.

..Steve