logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Elevation lines

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Wed May 6 19:39:16 BST 2009

Hi!

Nop schrieb:
> It works in as much as that height lables are shown now, but the numbers
> are off. It appears that somehow my name-Tags are interpreted as feet
> and mkgmap attempts to recalculate them to meters.
>
> Is there a mechanism like that in mkgmap? How can I keep mkgmap from
> changing my name-tags?

Debugging the mkgmap source I found the solution:
- garmin needs elevations in feet
- when using the old .csv rulefile, mkgmap did add a rule to convert
meters to feet automatically
- this automatism is missing from current versions of mkgmap

I have modified Composer to directly provide the elevations in feet.
Problem solved.

bye
      Nop