logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitting values

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Apr 27 06:51:13 BST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 08:46:38PM +0100, Toby Speight wrote:
> Are you using the default style?  I had the same exception, and had to
> comment out these two lines in my points file:
>
> #amenity=restaurant & cuisine=pizza;kebab [0x2a0a resolution 20]
> #amenity=restaurant & cuisine=pizza;kebab [0x2a0a resolution 20]
>
> I guess the parser doesn't treat the ';' as a value character.

I'm sorry, but it worked for me.  I'll try to remember to add quotes
around labels containing 'funny' characters from now on.

> I think that our handling of multiple values leaves much to be desired,
> but it's still quite low in my priorities.

0x2a0a is restaurant/pizza.  There is no Garmin code for cuisine=kebab,
as far as I know.  A few restaurants were labelled pizza;kebab around here.
That is why I added this label.

What did you think about my idea of introducing a partial * match and a
"split" operator?  In this case, it would allow us to write

amenity=restaurant & cuisine=pizza;* [0x2a0a resolution 20]

so that cuisine=pizza;fish&chips would be mapped to 0x2a0a as well.

The "split" operator would be needed in other cases, such as
amenity=fuel;post_office, like this:

amenity=*;post_office { split amenity=*, amenity=post_office }

I can try to produce a patch for this, if there is interest.

	Marko