logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] exception in --list-styles

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Apr 20 11:50:59 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Stefan Aschenbach
<stefan at binaervarianz.de> wrote:

> Btw: Isn't it worth mentioning somewhere (or maybe IS it mentioned
> somewhere?) that mkgmap needs Java 1.6 and will therefore not compile on
> MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger)?
> I'm not sure but I think even 10.5 (Leopard) hasn't got a 1.6 JDK.  You have
> to either find a working Developers Preview Version (I found none for 10.4)
> or get SoyLatte, which is a
> proof-of-concept kind of 1.6 port to Mac and needs some fiddeling around to
> install, integrate in eclipse and use in the terminal.

That's strange. I use mgkmap all the time on my Mac, and have never
had a problem. Until recently, I used 10.4 (with soylatte for
splitter.jar).

10.5 (after several service packages) does come with Java 1.6, but it
is not the default. I often switch between Java 1.5 and 1.6 while
compiling maps, and have not noted a difference.

- Up to now, however, I have never tried the --list-styles mkgmap
option. Could it be that there is something here requiring 1.6? Or
something else? I will try this later on on my Mac.

Cheers.