logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Bug on StreetPilot c510

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Apr 19 05:37:31 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:47:47PM +0200, Stefan Aschenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hadn't more patience than for about 5 to 10 min.  But every now and
> then the device resets itself without me pushing he on/off button after
> about a minute of hanging at 100%.
>
> I have ne real idea of what firmeware version I'm using. The one I
> updated it about two month ago. Is there a way to update manually (maybe
> to an earlier version)?
> I only know of the Online Updater which doesn' even download anything if
> it isn't newer than what is on the device.

You didn't state which device you are using.  This may be helpful:

http://forums.motionbased.com/smf/index.php?topic=10476.0#msg63357

Also, there is an XML file in the Garmin directory that tells which
firmware version you are using, among other things.

I think I'm using http://www8.garmin.com/software/Edge605_705_260.gcd
on my device (simply copied to Garmin/gupdate.gcd, rebooted, and finally
removed that file).  I did that on January 22, 2009.

	Marko