logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What does mkgmap do by default

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Apr 11 21:08:36 BST 2009

Hi Nop,

> Mark Burton schrieb:
> > Take a look at the output that --help=options produces. That will tell
> > you quite a lot about the behaviour of mkgmap.
>
> Unfortunately, this output tells me nothing about the dependencies. E.g.
>
> --ignore-turn-restrictions
>
> Do I need this? Sounds like it was relevant only for routable maps. But
> where do I switch routable maps on or off? Or are they always on?

You need it if you want to ignore turn restrictions in routable maps.

Routing is not enabled by default - you need to specify the --route
option for that (yes, I know, that isn't mentioned in the help).

> --no-sorted-roads
>
> Do I need this? Or do I only need it if I use
> --road-name-pois[=GarminCode] (which I am currently not doing)?

It is independent of the road name pois feature.

> I don't find any reference to the highway shields so I guess it isn't in
> r1001. Or would something like that be added without a switch?

That feature is not yet in the trunk.

Cheers,

Mark