logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Intra-tile routing badness (not inter-tile routing badness)

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Apr 9 23:02:42 BST 2009

Hi Clinton,

> You're right: The routing problems occur even with everything in one tile.
>
> I don't know if this is caused by bad data or just general routing
> weirdness. What would be the best way to analyze this?

It may be the same issue that causes problems with the attached map
fragment that someone brought to my attention. The road with ref 90 is
very badly behaved. I tried reducing the max number of points to a
really low number and it cured some of the oddness but not all.

So I am thinking that maybe the problem is in the encoding of the
polyline (don't really know why I'm thinking about that but that's
where I would start looking if I had the time to work on this, which I
don't at the moment).

Cheers,

Mark

PS - if you want to process x.osm you will need to use the
--ignore-osm-bounds option because it contains multiple bounds elements.