logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: Feedback r991 map on etrex legend HCx

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Wed Apr 8 20:01:29 BST 2009

Toby Speight wrote:
> 0> In article <20090408134138.m4boy3jgv4g008kc at mail.binaervarianz.de>,
> 0> stefan <URL:mailto:stefan at binaervarianz.de> ("Stefan") wrote:
>
> Stefan> Just a wild guess: are your 'fine' roundabouts possibly
> Stefan> somewhere in GB?
>
> Yes - but I've found (and fixed) several that were drawn the wrong
> way.  They can go unnoticed for a long time, as I think we're the
> pioneers in using OSM for routing!

Garmin maps are without a doubt one of the nicest uses of OSM data but
they aren't the pioneers of OSM routing. Have a look at
OpenRouteService.org or Yournavigation.org as well as Navit and Gosmore
among others. Those are available for over a year using OSM data for
routing and are quite functional.

I've received numerous mails from users of yournavigation.org stating
that they use it extensively for testing and debugging their roadnetworks.