logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: Code for Highway Symbols

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Wed Apr 8 19:42:11 BST 2009

Your space-removal stuff isn't necessary with my patch: just add a
'subst' filter to the value:

# highway=motorway {name '${ref|subst: =>.|prefix:boxx} ${name}' |
# '${ref|subst: =>.|prefix:boxx}' | '${name}' }

That replaces each space in ${ref} with a dot; to remove the spaces
completely, use ${ref|subst: =>} - or, equivalently, ${ref|subst: }.
Which would be best in the default rule-set?

Would it be useful to have some sort of regular expression filter?  I
could code that up quickly enough, and it's probably cleaner than
having magic in Element.java.

Also, I forgot to mention when I posted my patch: I'd appreciate
suggestions for better mnemonics for the magic characters; also if
anyone knows how to code the 6-bit switch, I'd like some clues as to
to how to find what encoding we're writing.