logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RFC: Consider heightmeters for routing

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Tue Apr 7 17:11:24 BST 2009

> Have you thought about changing the road_speed instead of the length? I.e. a
> road going up/downhill would get a lower road_speed than a flat one and when
> calculating a fastest route the Garmin should prefer the flat one.

Yes, I have tought of it, but I expect it not to work for bycycle
routing. I haven't do any tests with it, so my assumption could be
wrong. But the road speed classes are defined for car routing 10kmh,
30kmh, 50kmh... 130 kmh which are obviously not proper for cycle
routing. Maybe this classes are used with other speed values.