logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RFC: Consider heightmeters for routing

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Apr 7 09:37:40 BST 2009

I thought about that one too, but wouldn't that need a complete rewrite
of the style system?
You could solve it by reading in all streets, checking them for
inclination, and then upon the inclination/height difference between
every intersection provide a incline key, that you can then call upon in
the style-file.
I still wonder though about the amount of cpu power needed to get that
data - knowing that my pc calculated about 12 hours (Pentium M 2.26GHz,
by that time 2GB RAM, harddisk with 60MB/s average write, 65 read) on
converting SRTM1" into Garmin contourlines with 10m seperation - for
Austria only.