logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RFC: Consider heightmeters for routing

From Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com on Mon Apr 6 21:36:53 BST 2009

Johann Gail wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is an idea which I think about some months, but have not had the
> time to do some programming. Maybe anyone else has the same thoughts, so
> I describe my idea here.
 >
> 3. Is there an existing java library, which calculates me the height of
> each coordinate from an world model (maybe based on the SRTM data)?

There is a Google Summer Of Code 2009 project proposed for doing item 3
for OSM. Currently there is a shortage of Mentors, so if you want to see
this implemented you might want to consider volunteering and mentor that
student.

Contact ian.dees at gmail.com for details on how to get started.

(I've already volunteered, but to mentor for a different OSM project).

Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864